Cruise with local Alaskans on a lovingly restored 12 passenger research yacht. Explore rugged coastal wilderness of Alaska’s Inside Passage from the gold rush capitol Juneau to the Scandinavian fishing village of Petersburg. Cruise among an island studded marine wilderness managed by the Tongass National Forest. Visit Frederick Sound,Baranof Wilderness, Tracy Arm-Ford’s Terror Wilderness, including Endicott Arm. Spring cruises in May also include several days of up close exploration inside Glacier Bay National Park. Days are spent kayaking, exploring ashore, and looking for wildlife, while evenings offer quiet solitude in secluded anchorages, a hot shower and warm bed. An Alaska cruise aboard the Catalyst is like having your own floating wilderness lodge, run by local Alaskans.
- Cruising aboard a small yacht gets travelers up close to nature and wildlife, away from big ship tourist crowds
- Enjoy hiking, kayaking, and small craft excursions right from the yacht
- Watch whales and bears, and view glaciers
- Alaskan Captain, crew and expedition leaders
- Gold Rush capitol of Juneau, Scandinavian fishing village of Petersburg
Cruise through rugged Alaskan wilderness, exploring up close without sacrificing safety and comfort. Travel with local Alaskans who enrich your experience with a lifetime of experiences and connection to the land. Cruise close to shore in secluded bays and coves that even small ships cannot reach.
This trip was recognized by National Geographic Traveler Magazine as one of 50 top tours of a lifetime.
The historic wooden vessel has been thoughtfully restored, true to her 1930′s heritage. Her classic accommodations include cozy private staterooms, a spacious galley and a warm wood-paneled Salon. She has also been restored to her original purpose, learning about the oceanic world. Only this time it is adventurous travelers like you, not research scientists, who benefit from her mission.
7 days. Weekly summer cruises are available for individuals, families or small groups. This cruise is also available as a custom charter
- Vessel owner is captain; local trip guides and staff
- Support small communities away from big ship ports
- Small boat, small impact
- Carbon offsets
- Donations to local conservation efforts