Participate in a life changing experience to Cape Town with a Sustainable Travel Company whose commitment to responsible tourism means sharing South Africa’s natural and cultural riches while contributing positively to communities and environments affected by tourism. Get out of the tour vehicle, ride bicycle in township, cook with local women in their homes, and meet local jazz musicians.
- Vacationing in Kalk Bay, a picturesque working fishing village on the Cape Peninsula, exploring art and antique shops, and dining at top seafood restaurants
- Exploring the unique Cape environs such as Cape Point and Table Mountain National Park; learning about the Cape Floral Kingdom; hiking on Table Mountain; viewing African penguins at Boulders Beach
- Learning about the Xhosa Culture and experiencing the warmth and hospitality of the local people
- Enjoying a Cape Malay cooking experience which celebrates recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation.
- Participating in a guided walk to explore the culture, architecture, religion, and recent political history of the Bo-Kaap community
- Experiencing a ‘Jazz Safari’ that puts you in the talented hands of those who make a living from conjuring the Cape Town’s soul
Unique Aspects: Far from being a typical tour, this itinerary allows you to make a lasting difference to people’s lives by visiting and interacting with local people in their homes. With an experienced local tour leader, you will have an opportunity to really experience the life of local Capetonians and learn about the natural environs on a private tour tailored to suit your travelling requirements.
Accommodations: Comfortable guesthouses in unique locations that reflect the character of South Africa.
Best Time to Go: All year.
Duration: 7 days with optional 4 day/ 3 night Wildlife Safari to Kruger National Park.
- Activities and tours are Fair Trade and Tourism accredited and support local communities and environment.
- Non-motorized transport where possible and a city cycle tour on bicycle.
- Donation fee included to Masivelani daycare center in Masiphumelele when participating on Bicycle Township Tour.
- Tour supports local artists and musicians.
- Total tour costs include donation to the Sustainable Livelihoods Foundation.