Spain allures the traveler with its combination of old world charm and vibrant peoples. Join us to journey through the untainted Spain that most tourists will never see. You will experience ancient sites and modern cities of this diverse country, and stay in villages where people lead family-oriented lives, where strolling through the plaza at night is a local pastime.
- Visit the cultural sights of Madrid, Barcelona, Segovia and the medieval walled city of Ávila
- Experience a homestay with a Spanish family in an authentic Spanish village
- Live, interact, and participate in a fully sustainable community in northern Spain. This small community is a model for sustainable building, traditional agriculture, and community living
- Assist at a youth center and home for the elderly
- Sea-kayak off the beaches of the Costa Brava
- Enjoy one of Europe’s hottest nightspots where the action at a friendly pub and nightlife scene last right
through long winter nights
Unique Aspects: This trip/program is a tapestry of culture, language immersion, and community service. Travelers participate in sustainable community life, live with homestay families, and truly experience Spanish culture.
Accommodations: Accommodation options include hotels, dormitory style hostels, and homestay families.
Best Time to Go: All year
Duration: 10 days to 3 weeks.
- Build with adobe at an Ecological Center
- Conduct environmental education classes at local schools
- Recycling service projects
- Group eats locally sourced food