This popular tour is a mixture of ingredients: sightseeing, volunteering, adventure, and educational activities for a complete and delicious cocktail. Travelers will have the opportunity to see magical Angkor temples, witness educational programs at one of the six schools funded by this NGO (non-governmental organization), experience rural Cambodia, and help out with an ongoing project. This trip was created with community support in mind, providing substantial funding for educational programs in rural Cambodia, and inspiring life changes in the travelers who participate.
- Explore the world-famous temples of Angkor with students from one of six schools and share the joy!
- Learn more about sustainable development in Cambodia by visiting the tour operator’s programs as well as the programs of partner non-profit organizations
- Lend a hand at one of the ongoing projects, from helping with school renovations to creating learning materials
- Interact with local school children and learn from them just as much as they will learn from you
- Stay overnight at the school grounds in the village of Chanleas Dai and experience rural Cambodia at night
Unique Aspects: Throughout the trip, staff and tour leaders will provide insight into the work of development agencies in Cambodia, current issues, and lessons learned about responsible tourism. The required fundraising contribution will be channeled to programs visited on the tour, thus providing participants with peace of mind that their support will carry on far after they leave.
Accommodations: In bigger towns and cities like Siem Reap, guests stay at a mix of mid-range hotels supporting responsible travel. For one night at the village accommodation will be basic (often just a mattress and mosquito net), so be prepared for an authentic rural experience!
Best Time to Go: October to March
Duration: 7 days
- Fundraising fee entirely goes towards school construction and other educational projects
- Profits from the tours cover expenses of operating a sister NGO
- Participants’ work projects will contribute towards improving the livelihoods of the local community, particularly in the area of education
- Tours support locally owned restaurants and guest houses as well as groups working with and funding development.